Final NewYorkConCon.info Newsletter
Dear NewYorkConCon.info Subscriber:
This is my last update to you. Copied below are links to some news articles on the defeated state constitutional convention referendum. Of particular note may be my own post-mortem analysis, which significantly differs in both length (longer) and substance (more academic) from the ones below.
- McKinley, Jesse, New York Voters Reject a Constitutional Convention, New York Times, November 7, 2017.
- Blain, Glenn, New York State voters reject constitutional convention, approve proposal to seize pensions of corrupt politicians, New York Daily News, November 7, 2017.
- Velasquez, Josefa, Ballot Measure Authorizing State Constitutional Convention Fails, New York Law Journal, November 7, 2017.
- Campanile, Carl, and Kirstan Conley, NY voters shoot down constitutional convention proposal, New York Post, November 7, 2017.
- New York voters reject constitutional convention, Associated Press, November 7, 2017.
- Zremski, Jerry, New York voters nix constitutional convention, vote to reform pensions, Buffalo News, November 7, 2017.
- New York Voters Reject Ballot Measure Calling For Constitutional Convention, CBS Local, November 7, 2017.
- Runyeon, Frank G., Constitutional Convention and New York’s 2017 Ballot Proposal Results, City & State, November 8, 2017.p
- Campbell, Jon, Constitutional Convention: Landslide defeat shows labor union strength, Poughkeepsie Journal, November 8, 2017.
- Constitutional convention rejected in New York, WCAX, November 7, 2017.
- Statement of Mario Cilento, New York State AFL-CIO, November 8, 2017.
If you are interested in following my Hawaii State Constitutional Convention Clearinghouse–Hawaii is the next state with a periodic state constitutional convention referendum–that can be found at HawaiiConCon.info. That website won’t officially launch until later this week.
J.H. Snider, Editor
The New York State Constitutional Convention Clearinghouse
P.S. I will publish a second post-referendum article by the end of the day this coming Friday, but will not send that one to this group of subscribers. It will be found under the blog menu item on The New York State Constitutional Convention Clearinghouse.